Why is this different using VS 2005

Lloyd Sheen

I am so confused or I guess it is just the IDE.

I drag a label into my source window(aspx) , change the default name etc and
in the code behind all is good. I can reference the label etc.

Now I go back to source window and just copy the line with the label.
Change the ID etc and (WAIT FOR IT), I cannot reference the lable in code.
I delete that line from the source and drag another in. Well of course I
can reference this one.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE??? I thought this was a RAD tool! It makes no sense
that the IDE with D&D capabilities would do something stupid like that.

Lloyd Sheen

Mark Fitzpatrick

Sometimes you need to move from html view to design view. The code behind
relies on the designer file, which is sometimes updated when you switch
views.

Teemu Keiski

It also has impact if you use the default stock project model in VS2005
(which is new in VS2005) vs Web Application Project model which reminds the
model in VS2003. In the latter there are designer files etc within the
project plus project files, which , in my opinion, seem to make VS work more
reliably

See: http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/5601.aspx