    ********************
    * Nehmo Sergheyev *
    ********************
    Nehmo Sergheyev, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

    > How come when I go to
    > http://www.syria4you.com/html/
    > I get the name of the page correctly in on the taskbar, but in the title
    > bar of IE6, I just see the square placeholders?
    > In Notepad the title tag is
    > <title>ÓæÑíÉ ãä ÃÌáß - ÚÏÇÏ</title>

    Probably becuase the font you use for the title bar and the font your use
    for the taskbar are different. One contains the needed characters and one
    doesn't.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Nehmo Sergheyev

    Augustus Guest

    "Nehmo Sergheyev" <> wrote in message
    > How come when I go to
    > http://www.syria4you.com/html/
    > I get the name of the page correctly in on the taskbar, but in the title
    > bar of IE6, I just see the square placeholders?
    > In Notepad the title tag is
    > <title>ÓæÑíÉ ãä ÃÌáß - ÚÏÇÏ</title>
    >
    > I don't understand that language, BTW. It could be Arabic.
    >
    > I have Win XP Home SP1.

    I see arabic at the top of the browser and the same arabic in the taskbar

    IE6, Win2K-Server

    If you only install the critical windows service packs you probably didn't
    download some of the "non-critical" ones that have the extra languages in
    them
    Augustus, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Nehmo Sergheyev

    Safalra Guest

    "Nehmo Sergheyev" <> wrote in message news:<jyivb.52283$-kc.rr.com>...
    > How come when I go to
    > http://www.syria4you.com/html/
    > I get the name of the page correctly in on the taskbar, but in the title
    > bar of IE6, I just see the square placeholders?

    Works for me - I suspect the font you're using for title bars doesn't
    have the necessary characters.

    > In Notepad the title tag is
    > <title>ÓæÑíÉ ãä ÃÌáß - ÚÏÇÏ</title>

    That's just notepad misinterpretting the character encoding.

    --- Stephen Morley ---
    http://www.safalra.com
    Safalra, Nov 21, 2003
  5. - Nehmo -
    > > How come when I go to
    > > http://www.syria4you.com/html/
    > > I get the name of the page correctly in on the taskbar, but in the

    title
    > > bar of IE6, I just see the square placeholders?

    - Safalra -
    > Works for me - I suspect the font you're using for title bars doesn't
    > have the necessary characters.

    - Nehmo -
    Where on the page code does it indicate which font to use?

    I tried in IE6, Tools> Internet Options> General tab> Language button>
    Add button> Arabic (Syria) [ar-sy] . But the page still shows the
    placeholders as characters in the title bar of IE6. It seems that
    language preference is just the order of priority of which language is
    displayed.

    The style sheet appears to be
    <LINK REL="StyleSheet" HREF="themes/s4u/style/style.css"
    TYPE="text/css">
    So I go to
    http://www.syria4you.com/themes/s4u/style/style.css
    But I don't see anything.

    If it's something in the Win XP language or font options, where is the
    option to add the proper font or language? If the font is showing up on
    the taskbar, I must already have it somewhere.

    --
    ********************
    * Nehmo Sergheyev *
    Nehmo Sergheyev, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Nehmo Sergheyev

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:08:00 GMT, Nehmo Sergheyev is reported
    to have stated:
    >>> How come when I go to
    >>> http://www.syria4you.com/html/
    >>> I get the name of the page correctly in on the taskbar, but in the

    > title
    >>> bar of IE6, I just see the square placeholders?

    > Where on the page code does it indicate which font to use?

    This is nothing to do with the site you are visiting.

    > If it's something in the Win XP language or font options, where is the
    > option to add the proper font or language? If the font is showing up on
    > the taskbar, I must already have it somewhere.

    It is in the display settings of your OS. Right click
    desktop>Properties>Appearance tab. Change the font for the title bar to one
    that contains the necessary characters.

    Is the same for both title bar and taskbar in my Win 2k though, so not sure
    whether it will help you much. :-|

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au