Why the Dataset is not the same?

MAG

Hello,
I hope if anybody could help me in this situation:

I have a Dataset that I fill using some sort of Business Objects Class
from Oracle 8i (using OLEDB NOT ORACLE Client) and there is None
English Characters (Varchar2) Esp. Arabic charset. so, when i fill the
dataset in the datagrid (WEB PAGE) it displays Correctly BUT, when I
use the same function to fill the windows Application's Grid Control
it doesn't display the Arabic Words correctly.
I noticed something that the Dataset of the WEB is taking the same
System Culture which is "ar-EG" but in the windows application it
takes "en-US" so, I forced the application with
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture /
CurrentUICulture to be "ar-EG" and the returnd Dataset in the windows
application was "ar-EG" but again the values weren't correct.

Hope I did described my problem correctly..
Thanks alot,
MAG

Mike Labosh

I'm not a wizard on cultural encodings, but one thing you might try in your
Forms DataGrid is check the font. Not all fonts contain glyphs for all
international characters.

You could make sure the Forms Grid uses the same font as is used in the
front end of the ASP application.

You might also try using the Arial Unicode MS font and see if that helps.

Also, if the computer viewing the web app is *not* the same computer as the
one viewing the forms app, make sure you test viewing the web app on the
computer running the forms app. It might not have enough code page
translation tables installed (Control Panel -> Regional Settings)
--
Peace & happy computing,

Mike Labosh, MCSD

"It's 4:30 am. Do you know where your stack pointer is?"

Mohamed Gad

Thanks Mike. but I ment that it is working Great in WEB but not in
application.. I'm really confusied it may be something related to Oracle
OLEDB and/or Oracle Client Settings. so, I'm just asking why this
happend and if you have any idea please tell me. I'm still trying with
other prividers Like ODBC or Culture settings.
anyway Thanks again for your help,
MAG

MAG

Thank you Mike,
but the problem not in Font becuase i do check the returned Dataset
from the business objects class by Quick watch and the returned
characters are corrupted.
You might also try using the Arial Unicode MS font and see if that helps.

and they are the same computer
Also, if the computer viewing the web app is *not* the same computer as the
one viewing the forms app, make sure you test viewing the web app on the
computer running the forms app. It might not have enough code page
translation tables installed (Control Panel -> Regional Settings)

Thanks alot for your help again,
Your faithfully,
Mohamed A.Gad