    that will not only make my programs portable, but that will also
    increase my marketability as a programmer/developer.

    Thank you in advance

    jamiil, Jan 29, 2008

  2. On 2008-01-29 20:23, jamiil wrote:
    > One of the most beautiful aspects of living this times is that most
    > of the walls have come down.
    > The wall that existed between Unix and MS-Windows has, greatly,
    > fallen, so, when writing a program we must consider Unix and MSW
    > users. However, with the huge number of widget-toolkits promising
    > portability and speed in most of the operating systems, I find it hard
    > to decide which of the C/C++ widget-toolkits to use.
    > So, I would like to ask everyone what Widget Tool Kit you recommend
    > that will not only make my programs portable, but that will also
    > increase my marketability as a programmer/developer.

    In c.l.c++ the usual recommendations are Qt and wxWidgets, they will
    both give you portability, search the archives for more extensive
    discussions on the subject.

    As for increasing your marketability as a programmer I do not think any
    one of them will be better, whichever you choose there is still a
    possibility that your future employer will use the other. How many
    different toolkits you know is not nearly as interesting as how quickly
    you will learn another one.

    PS. Cross-posting to so many groups is seldom a good idea, follow-ups
    set to c.l.c++.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    Erik Wikström, Jan 29, 2008