widget tool kits

jamiil

One of the most beautiful aspects of living this times is that most
of the walls have come down.
The wall that existed between Unix and MS-Windows has, greatly,
fallen, so, when writing a program we must consider Unix and MSW
users. However, with the huge number of widget-toolkits promising
portability and speed in most of the operating systems, I find it hard
to decide which of the C/C++ widget-toolkits to use.
So, I would like to ask everyone what Widget Tool Kit you recommend
that will not only make my programs portable, but that will also
increase my marketability as a programmer/developer.

Thank you in advance

Erik Wikström

One of the most beautiful aspects of living this times is that most
of the walls have come down.
The wall that existed between Unix and MS-Windows has, greatly,
fallen, so, when writing a program we must consider Unix and MSW
users. However, with the huge number of widget-toolkits promising
portability and speed in most of the operating systems, I find it hard
to decide which of the C/C++ widget-toolkits to use.
So, I would like to ask everyone what Widget Tool Kit you recommend
that will not only make my programs portable, but that will also
increase my marketability as a programmer/developer.

In c.l.c++ the usual recommendations are Qt and wxWidgets, they will
both give you portability, search the archives for more extensive
discussions on the subject.

As for increasing your marketability as a programmer I do not think any
one of them will be better, whichever you choose there is still a
possibility that your future employer will use the other. How many
different toolkits you know is not nearly as interesting as how quickly
you will learn another one.

PS. Cross-posting to so many groups is seldom a good idea, follow-ups
set to c.l.c++.