WIERD Cache problem with WebService, Ideas?

Chad Finnegan

I built a custom webservice which originally had four methods, deployed this
to our Dev server, it originally was deployed with the Codebehind reference
in the page header of the .asmx file, to the .cs file. (code left from
vs.net) I changed this and removed all codebehind references and VS.NET
code, so I know use a makefile to compile the assemblie, which the .asmx
file inherits from the bin... so that is the setup.

I have since updated the code adding more methods...ok ready, THE PROBLEM
IS... after deploying the new .asmx file and associated assembly, after we
restart IIS and hit the webservices it reverts to the original code with the
four methods... code that is long gone, so I can't figure out where its
getting it from. As soon as we transfer over a new DLL or update the
web.config so the webservice will reload, the right methods come up (6 of
them) but then again, as soon as we restart IIS, bammm... the old 4 methods
are back. I'm at a loss.. I figure there is some wierd caching going on,
but want to figure out exactly what the problem is so this doesn't occur in
a production environment.

But looking for leads and such, check the GAC, nothing in there concerning
this assembly.. then files in the webservices directory and bin are correct,
cause I can move the exact same files to another machine, start up the
webservice and its the correct one.

I really appreciate any help, and let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
-Chad

Chad Finnegan

Also, anyone know how to clear the .NET framework cache that holds the
runtime webservice pages?