    --
    - Tim Roberts,
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

    Tim Roberts, Sep 28, 2004

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebProgramming

    --
    __ Erik Max Francis && && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
    / \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis

    Erik Max Francis, Sep 28, 2004

  3. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:32:04 -0700, Tim Roberts <> wrote:
    > Isn't there a wiki somewhere that compares and contrasts the various web
    > architectures available for Python?
    >
    > I've realized that I have built web sites based on at least 4 of the
    > popular contenders, and my experiences might be valuable to others. I
    > thought I remembered a comparison wiki, but I can't find it now.

    Please, share it with us! That's a point where I think that the
    quantity is hurting Python; not because the quality of the tools is
    bad; most are probably more than good enough, or even excellent for
    some applications. But sometimes it seems that each one is going a
    different way, and it makes learning and choosing a web engine harder
    than necessary.

    --
    Carlos Ribeiro
    Consultoria em Projetos

    Carlos Ribeiro, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Tim Roberts

    Tim Roberts Guest

    Erik Max Francis <> wrote:

    >Tim Roberts wrote:
    >
    >> Isn't there a wiki somewhere that compares and contrasts the various
    >> web architectures available for Python?
    >>
    >> I've realized that I have built web sites based on at least 4 of the
    >> popular contenders, and my experiences might be valuable to others. I
    >> thought I remembered a comparison wiki, but I can't find it now.

    > http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebProgramming

    Thanks for this link -- that's exacctly the one I meant. I've now added my
    page to this wiki:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebSolutionComparison

    It includes my own personal experiences with several of the popular Python
    web solutions. Your comments and criticisms are welcome; that's the fun of
    a wiki.

    Tim Roberts, Oct 3, 2004