Win GUI application: avoiding DOS console

Siggi

Hi all,

how do I avoid the DOS console show-up when starting a WinXP GUI application
with mouseclick on the respective Python file?

I had this with my previous Python installation; it is very simple,
something with a "-i" somewhere in the open command of the MS Windows data
types "PY" and "PYW". But after a new Python installation, this was lost,
and I cannot find the instruction what to do.

Please help!

Thanks,

siggi

Bruno Desthuilliers

Siggi a écrit :
Hi all,

how do I avoid the DOS console show-up when starting a WinXP GUI application
with mouseclick on the respective Python file?

rename yourfile.py to yourfile.pyw

Jarek Zgoda

Siggi napisa³(a):
how do I avoid the DOS console show-up when starting a WinXP GUI application
with mouseclick on the respective Python file?

I had this with my previous Python installation; it is very simple,
something with a "-i" somewhere in the open command of the MS Windows data
types "PY" and "PYW". But after a new Python installation, this was lost,
and I cannot find the instruction what to do.

Run it using pythonw.exe instead of python.exe (check in file types
properties window).