    Vik Guest

    How can I get a browser window handle in the code behind?

    Thanks.
    Vik, Dec 3, 2004

  2. You'd need a thick client running on the client side, such as an ActiveX
    Control or Windows Forms application. Then that would need to pass the
    browser's handle to the server.
    I'm curious as to why the browser's window handle would be of any use on the
    server though...

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Dec 3, 2004

  3. Vik

    Vik Guest

    I need to distinguish between the browser windows opened by a user through
    the browser menu.

    Can't I get the window handle in JavaScript in the onload event and pass it
    to the server?

    Vik

    Vik, Dec 3, 2004
  4. Vik

    bruce barker Guest

    the window handle is not exposed to javascript.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 4, 2004