window.opener.top.location.top.close ???

find clausen

I have opened this fullscreen (framed)
window from a "top-page-setup-box"

if (window.opener.top.location .......

How can I close it again from the same page, like:

window.opener.top.location.top.close();

that doesn't work ...

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

find clausen said:
I have opened this fullscreen (framed) window from a
"top-page-setup-box"

Huh? It is a full screen window containing frames? Can you be more
specific? What is the "top-page-setup-box" and what does it do?
if (window.opener.top.location .......

Yes, what is this code used for?
How can I close it again from the same page, like:

window.opener.top.location.top.close();
that doesn't work ...

You don't want to close the *location* property of a window.

You seem to want to close the window that opened the current window?
That can be a problem, since you are generally only allowed to close
windows that were originally opened by Javascript.

My guess at what you are trying to do (and it is a *GUESS*) is
window.opener.top.close()

/L 'læser også dk.edb.internet.webdesign.clientside hvis dansk er bedre'

find clausen

find clausen <> writes:
My guess at what you are trying to do (and it is a *GUESS*) is
window.opener.top.close()

Good guess !
That did it.
It's a controlpanel on my website.
/L 'læser også dk.edb.internet.webdesign.clientside hvis dansk er bedre'

Ja, det ved jeg ;-)

Mange tak / Thanx a lot ...