Windows Application App.config Files vs. web.config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Nick Johnson, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. Nick Johnson

    Nick Johnson Guest

    I am working to expose functionalitly from a .NET 2.0 assembly (API) as a web
    service. The problem I am having is the the API uses the app.config settings
    from a windows application to retrieve it's connectionstring.

    I have tried adding the entire <connectionStrings> tag from a working
    app.config file and placing the contecnts in the <connectionSetrings> tag in
    the web.config file without any success.

    Here is a portion of the exception that is thrown:

    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an
    object.
    at dotnet.API.Properties.Settings.get_Item(String propertyName)
    at dotnet.API.Properties.Settings.get_CredentialsConnectionString()
    at dotnet.API.dsMasterTableAdapters.PeopleTableAdapter.InitConnection()
    at dotnet.API.dsMasterTableAdapters.PeopleTableAdapter.get_Connection()
    at dotnet.API.dsMasterTableAdapters.PeopleTableAdapter.InitAdapter()
    at dotnet.API.dsMasterTableAdapters.PeopleTableAdapter.get_Adapter()

    Thanks for any help...

    Nick Johnson
    Nick Johnson, Mar 12, 2007