    provide?

    Any help is appreciated.

    ..chris.
    C Trailer, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Look at this example:
    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020730.htm

    www.mendhak.com

    S.M. Altaf [MVP], Oct 5, 2005

  3. C Trailer

    C Trailer Guest

    sorry, one other thing. i don't want to have to authenticate an
    administrative user, ie. instantiate a new DirectoryEntry object passing
    the username and password of an administrative user.

    C Trailer, Oct 5, 2005
  4. If you want to use the user's security context in IIS to access AD on a
    remote server, and you authenticated in IIS via IWA, then that will be a
    double hop and you will need to configure Kerberos delegation in order to
    get it to work.

    I'd suggest starting with a few searches on Kerberos delegation. It is
    discussed on this newsgroup 2-3 times per day. :)

    The other option that works well is to not use impersonation in the web
    application and instead configure the worker process account to be a domain
    user with the privileges you need to access the required data in AD.

    Or, you can pass in credentials for a service account to the DirectoryEntry,
    but you already said you don't want to do that.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Oct 6, 2005