Windows Authentication with ADAM

Mafuba

Hello,

I have an asp.net 2.0 application with which I want to use ADAM (I'm
copying users from a separate active directory because the client wants
us to host it outside their network).

I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow to use windows authentication
in this setup or if I need to relent and use forms.

Any information or resources would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jack

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

You must use Forms auth in ASP.NET to use ADAM. ADAM does not contain
Windows security principals and IIS cannot authenticate against it directly
(yet, anyway).

You might want to check out the new ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in
2.0. I believe it works with AD and ADAM and will make some of the plumbing
code for this MUCH easier to use.

Joe K.