windows authentication

MB

I've got the following settings in my web.config file which is working
properly, however my users want to see the login prompt each time the
visit the site. Is there a setting or code that I can impliment so
that users are prompted upon each visit?

<authentication mode="Windows">
</authentication>
<identity impersonate="false" />
<authorization>
<allow roles="domain\xxx1, domain\xxx2"
users="domain\user1, domain\user2" />
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

If you use Basic authentication, you will always get prompted (make sure you
combine that with SSL if you do). If you use Integrated auth, then the
prompt will be based on your IE settings. IE can be set to always prompt,
or send the current user's credentials automatically. If you use group
policy in your organization, I believe you can control this browser setting
with that.

Joe K.

Ken Schaefer

Here's a list of conditions that must be met for IE to auto-logon (the
defaults):
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258063

So, you could change IE's settings, you could get your users to use the FQDN
or IP address of the server, use Basic or Digest authentication etc.

Cheers
Ken