Wierd Windows Authentication Behavior

Craig Vedur

Hey,

OK, so, i'm implementing windows security in a web app and found a strange
thing. can anyone explain what is going on?

I have my web app and in web.config i have the following entries in their
respective places
:
<authentication mode="Windows" />
<identity impersonate="true" />
<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>

In IIS i have disabled anonymous access and set integrated windows
authentication.

So, I had 3 tests:

1) Logged in from a computer on the DOMAIN with no problem
2) Logged in from a computer off the DOMAIN and supplied credentials and
got in fine
3) I used Remote Desktop Connection to connect to a computer on the DOMAIN
and was not let in. It didn't even ask me for credentials. I always get
"You are not authorized to view this page"

Can anyone explain why I can't view the page by connecting to the webserver
through RDC (the webserver is obviously on that domain).

Pat

hm... not had that problem yet.
Are u saying when you used RDC and opened a we broswer you can't get to the
site?
Patrick