Wierd Windows Authentication Behavior

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Craig Vedur, Aug 30, 2005.

  1. Craig Vedur

    Craig Vedur Guest

    Hey,

    OK, so, i'm implementing windows security in a web app and found a strange
    thing. can anyone explain what is going on?

    I have my web app and in web.config i have the following entries in their
    respective places
    :
    <authentication mode="Windows" />
    <identity impersonate="true" />
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>

    In IIS i have disabled anonymous access and set integrated windows
    authentication.

    So, I had 3 tests:

    1) Logged in from a computer on the DOMAIN with no problem
    2) Logged in from a computer off the DOMAIN and supplied credentials and
    got in fine
    3) I used Remote Desktop Connection to connect to a computer on the DOMAIN
    and was not let in. It didn't even ask me for credentials. I always get
    "You are not authorized to view this page"

    Can anyone explain why I can't view the page by connecting to the webserver
    through RDC (the webserver is obviously on that domain).

    Craig Vedur, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Craig Vedur

    Pat Guest

    hm... not had that problem yet.
    Are u saying when you used RDC and opened a we broswer you can't get to the
    site?
    Patrick

    Pat, Aug 31, 2005