Windows installer of Python

moerchendiser2k3

Hi,

can anyone tell me where to find information which files
are installed by the Python installer on Windows?

I am looking for some special files but
dont know how to catch them.

Thanks!!

moerchendiser2k3

MRAB

moerchendiser2k3 said:
Hi,

can anyone tell me where to find information which files
are installed by the Python installer on Windows?

I am looking for some special files but
dont know how to catch them.
The files and subfolders of Python are all installed into a single
folder, for example C:\Python26, and none into the system folder or
other places, if you are worried about that.

Leo Jay

The files and subfolders of Python are all installed into a single
folder, for example C:\Python26, and none into the system folder or
other places, if you are worried about that.

I don't think so. At least, the pythonXX.dll will be put in C:\windows\system32.

moerchendiser2k3

Hm, I thought there will be installed something
like the Microsoft Redistributable 2008 Package to make Python run?

Martin v. Loewis

moerchendiser2k3 said:
Hm, I thought there will be installed something
like the Microsoft Redistributable 2008 Package to make Python run?

No, the Python installer integrates the Microsoft Merge Module for the
Visual Studio Runtime Dynamic Link Libraries. That removes the need to
install the Microsoft Redistributable Package.

Regards,
Martin