    I am subscribed to.

    --
    DaveN
    DaveN, Apr 28, 2008

  2. DaveN

    DaveN Guest

    "l v" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > DaveN wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have example scripts to work with Windows Mail and in
    >> particular
    >> with usenet groups? I want to build a spam filter to run on all the
    >> groups
    >> I am subscribed to.
    >>

    > Don't write your own when one already exists.
    >
    > http://www.nfilter.org/
    >
    > --
    >
    > Len

    Tried that, struggled to get it to work. Maybe not compatible with Vista!
    :-(

    --
    DaveN
    DaveN, Apr 29, 2008

  3. DaveN

    DaveN Guest

    "l v" <> wrote in message
    > DaveN wrote:
    >> "l v" <> wrote in message

    >>> Don't write your own when one already exists.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nfilter.org/
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Len

    >> Tried that, struggled to get it to work. Maybe not compatible with
    >> Vista! :-(
    >>

    > According to rec.photo.digital posts (subject: Help please filtering
    > google groups) nfilter/newsfilter is compatible with Vista.
    >
    > see http://preview.tinyurl.com/3zo7uu
    >
    > --

    I decided to try it again and found useful information in
    news.software.readers. The main problem seems to be a bad self extracting
    zip file which can be overcome by renaming with a .zip extension. The other
    thing is to setup the correct security rights on the configuration and user
    files so that vista allows nfilter to work correctly.

    Appears now to be doing something so just need to test a few filters.

    --
    DaveN
    DaveN, Apr 30, 2008