Windows: Mapi wrapper to redirect email to a script?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by jk314@gmx.at, Sep 18, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi.

    I have a scanner with a scanning software that has a "scan to email"
    button, that opens a mapi email client (e.g. outlook express) and
    attaches the scanned file.
    What I would like instead is a "scan to script" button (after the
    scan, a (perl/bash/python...) script X is run with
    the name of the scanned file as parameter).
    So I thought I could "program" my own MAPI mail client in perl (as
    outlook express substitute) that does
    nothing but runs program X. However, the whole mapi business seems a
    bit tiresome.
    So my question: does there already exist a nice mapi "wrapper", that
    can be registered as mapi
    email client in windows XP (so that I can later select it as email
    client in the scan software) and that does basically nothing (in my
    case, just decode the attachment information and then run an external
    program X with the
    attachement file name as parameter)?
    I could imagine that such a wrapper is quite complicated if it has to
    comply with all possible mapi scenarios, but I would be quite happy
    with a mapi wrapper that just works in the scenario mentiones, it can
    just produce error codes in all other cases (e.g. if another program
    requests the address book or whatever else mapi was made for).

    Thanks,
    Jakob

    , Sep 18, 2007