    it. I'm sure this is a terribly formed question, but any help would be
    great.
    , Jun 4, 2007

  2. On 4 Juni, 07:43, wrote:
    > In short I need to know if the following is possible, and if so how I
    > would go about doing it. Basically there is a peice of software that
    > runs an "animation" of sorts, and I need to create a timer that tracks
    > when it starts playing, pauses, and finally ends playing. I say
    > "animation" because I suspect it's more of a game, part of it requires
    > user input. Suffice it to say what im looking to figure out is if
    > there's any way I can view the messages that the program is sending,
    > and write a timer that handles those messages. It needs to figure out
    > total time that the animation/game is run, and keep track of how long
    > certain transitions are. I do not have access to libraries and whatnot
    > for the other peice of software, other than what comes installed with
    > it. I'm sure this is a terribly formed question, but any help would be
    > great.

    You a quite off-topic in here, you'd be better of in one of the
    windows programming groups, see the FAQ for some suggestions of which
    groups to use: http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5..9

    For you information, it is possible to listen to the messages that are
    sent, one such application is spy++ which comes with Visual Studio,
    there are probably others. I don't know how to do it but someone in
    the windows programming groups might. However I'm not sure that you'll
    be able to get any useful information from the messages, they are
    generated at an astonishing speed even when doing nothing, each key-
    press, mouse-move etc. generates a couple of messages.

    --
    Erik Wikström
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Jun 4, 2007