    I realise that the next .NET issue will include a wizard control. This is
    great! However, I'm not on this version yet! Believe it or not, there isn't
    a wizard control/helper out there for 1.1 either, from what I can find!...

    Tobin Harris, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Tobin Harris

    clintonG Guest

    I've looked around myself and there are a couple of very light-weight wizard
    builder implementations I won't waste time discussing. I've been struggling
    with developing a 'process controller' wizard myself. I found what I
    consider a decent implementation in Visual Studio Magazine, April 2003. The
    code is VB I'm trying to convert to C# (not too successfully at the moment)
    as I just posted "VB Class Conversion Assistance Needed" to
    news://microsoft.public.languages.csharp if you care to read and comment
    there.

    You might want to check out the same article and the VB code yourself [1]
    Article Locator Code: VS0304AN_T
    Code Download: VS0304AN

    Finally, the current implementation of the 2.0 Wizard control sucks. It
    hides the state management that is useful but the rest of the control is
    poorly developed, the templates are too funky to be taken seriously but it
    does have promise by 3.0 ;-)

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
    Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

    [1] http://www.visualstudiomagazine.com/

    "Tobin Harris" <tobin@tobin_do_not_spam_harris.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I was just wondering if anyone out there has done any apps with lots of UI
    > Wizards? I'm currently finding myself doing loads of these, and am trying

    > find a nice way of making things easier for myself.
    >
    > I reckon that a wizard is basically a state machine, so it would be great

    if

    clintonG, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Tobin Harris

    Tobin Harris Guest

    "clintonG" <> wrote in message
    > You might want to check out the same article and the VB code yourself [1]
    > Article Locator Code: VS0304AN_T
    > Code Download: VS0304AN

    Hi Clinton,

    Thanks very much for that - a very interesting article - definately need to
    read further. I may decide to take your route and convert to c#.

    Thanks

    Tobin

    Tobin Harris, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Tobin Harris

    clintonG Guest

    I hope you take a shot at it Tobin. Are you going to send me a copy when
    your through? :)
    I'm on my second attempt trying to convert to C# and keep getting hung up
    with the correct IProcess interface constructs.

    clintonG, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Tobin Harris

    Tobin Harris Guest

    Hi Clinton

    Yup, if I take a shot I'll definatley let you know. Still working out what
    to do!

    Thanks

    Tobin

    Tobin Harris, Dec 1, 2004