Word 2003 and ASP.net 2.0

eagle

I want to get data out of word and put it in an asp page via labels,
textboxes, whatever. Every article I see puts data into word, not the other
way around. I have the Visual Studio Office Tools, can anyone point me to
the right article?

Mark Rae [MVP]

I want to get data out of word and put it in an asp page via labels,
textboxes, whatever. Every article I see puts data into word, not the
other way around. I have the Visual Studio Office Tools, can anyone point
me to the right article?

You can't use Office Automation in ASP.NET, because it doesn't work in that
environment:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

By far the simplest solution will be to use Aspose:
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Words/Default.aspx