    In other messages I have read that Word Perfect 10 can be us­ed for
    sgml/xml
    editing. Is this still true for Word Perfect 11?

    word9smith, Feb 2, 2005

  2. word9smith wrote:

    > In other messages I have read that Word Perfect 10 can be us­ed for
    > sgml/xml
    > editing. Is this still true for Word Perfect 11?

    With any text-based editor you can edit xml files.
    Xml files are just text files with xml content.

    Tjerk Wolterink, Feb 2, 2005

  3. word9smith

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Tjerk Wolterink wrote:

    > word9smith wrote:
    >
    >> In other messages I have read that Word Perfect 10 can be us­ed for
    >> sgml/xml
    >> editing. Is this still true for Word Perfect 11?
    >>

    > With any text-based editor you can edit xml files.
    > Xml files are just text files with xml content.

    But it's much easier to edit XML with a real XML editor than with a
    non-XML editor.

    I'll repeat what I just posted to comp.text.sgml:

    WordPerfect has had an SGML (and now XML) editor since v8 (actually
    since v4 but that wasn't available to the public).

    I don't know if v11 still has it -- it would be a pity if they dropped
    it, as it is an excellent product, if they'd only fix the stylesheet
    system so you could import and export them, and if they'd fix a few
    little outstanding bugs.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Feb 4, 2005