Word Perfect 11 as xml editor

word9smith

In other messages I have read that Word Perfect 10 can be us­ed for
sgml/xml
editing. Is this still true for Word Perfect 11?

Tjerk Wolterink

word9smith said:
In other messages I have read that Word Perfect 10 can be us­ed for
sgml/xml
editing. Is this still true for Word Perfect 11?

With any text-based editor you can edit xml files.
Xml files are just text files with xml content.

Peter Flynn

Tjerk said:
With any text-based editor you can edit xml files.
Xml files are just text files with xml content.

But it's much easier to edit XML with a real XML editor than with a
non-XML editor.

I'll repeat what I just posted to comp.text.sgml:

WordPerfect has had an SGML (and now XML) editor since v8 (actually
since v4 but that wasn't available to the public).

I don't know if v11 still has it -- it would be a pity if they dropped
it, as it is an excellent product, if they'd only fix the stylesheet
system so you could import and export them, and if they'd fix a few
little outstanding bugs.

///Peter