words relating to networks that I should probably know

John Walton

Hello, again. I'm back with my instant messenger
project. My teacher has assigned us to write our
papers, excluding the procedure, results, and
conclusion. One of my topics is going to be networks.
Does anyone know a list of words relating to
networking/networks that I should know for this
project? Not the definitions, but just the words; I
can look up the definitions on webopedia. It would be
appreciated. Thanks!
-John

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Alessandro Bottoni

John said:
Hello, again. I'm back with my instant messenger
project. My teacher has assigned us to write our
papers, excluding the procedure, results, and
conclusion. One of my topics is going to be networks.
Does anyone know a list of words relating to
networking/networks that I should know for this
project? Not the definitions, but just the words; I
can look up the definitions on webopedia. It would be
appreciated. Thanks!
-John

Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org (search "network" and "TPC/IP").

HTH

Roel Schroeven

John Walton schreef:
Hello, again. I'm back with my instant messenger
project. My teacher has assigned us to write our
papers, excluding the procedure, results, and
conclusion. One of my topics is going to be networks.
Does anyone know a list of words relating to
networking/networks that I should know for this
project? Not the definitions, but just the words; I
can look up the definitions on webopedia. It would be
appreciated. Thanks!
-John

Wikipedia is a good starting point, but also 'Connected: An Internet
Encyclopedia'

http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/