Working in a secure site

jim simpson

I want to write Perl script that will allow me to get my data from a secure
site after I have manually entered the site using the proper user name and
password. I think this means that I must first get from the browser, the
code and cookie that have been returned by the server.

Does anyone know if this is possible and hopefully point me in a direction
to get started.

Thanks.

Jim

Sherm Pendley

jim said:
I want to write Perl script that will allow me to get my data from a secure
site after I have manually entered the site using the proper user name and
password. I think this means that I must first get from the browser, the
code and cookie that have been returned by the server.

No, it means you want to write a user agent (aka browser) in Perl. It's
easier than you might think, because the "heavy lifting" has already
been done for you. Have a look at these CPAN modules:

LWP
WWW::Mechanize

sherm--

jim simpson

Thanks Sherm for your help.

After accessing the site I will have several POST's to run to download my
data.

Jim