    to get started.

    Thanks.

    Jim
    jim simpson, Apr 9, 2005

  2. jim simpson wrote:
    > I want to write Perl script that will allow me to get my data from a secure
    > site after I have manually entered the site using the proper user name and
    > password. I think this means that I must first get from the browser, the
    > code and cookie that have been returned by the server.

    No, it means you want to write a user agent (aka browser) in Perl. It's
    easier than you might think, because the "heavy lifting" has already
    been done for you. Have a look at these CPAN modules:

    LWP
    WWW::Mechanize

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Apr 9, 2005

  3. jim simpson

    jim simpson Guest

    Thanks Sherm for your help.

    After accessing the site I will have several POST's to run to download my
    data.

    Jim

    jim simpson, Apr 10, 2005