Working with Struts on JRUN 4

Discussion in 'Java' started by rajakraja99@yahoo.com, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    Could you help me out to work with the struts-validator Frame work for
    client side validation( javascript) in JRun4?

    The problem is that

    The ordinary FormBean created by extending ActionForm Works fine on
    server side validation. But if the validator frame is included, it
    doesn't work on both (client and server) sides.

    In the mean time, the same code goes well on Tomcat.

    If the source code is viewd for the dyanmically generated javascript
    functions on JRun, they are being preceded by the 'nameoftheform_'. But
    the object that we create is only for the function name.

    For example if the form name is 'TestForm' and the function name is
    'required()',
    the dynamically generated function would look like
    'TestForm_required()'.

    But in the validator-rules.xml, we call this function as oRequired=new
    required(). So obviously its going to throw an exception stating
    'required' is undefined.

    Also the key, value pair associated in the
    ApplicationResources.properties is not fetched for the validation.xml
    field arg

    They are just seen as null in the source view.
    ie) For the field 'name' in the validation.xml

    <field property="name" depends="required"
    arg0 key="prompt.name"/>

    the value in ApplictionResouces.properties

    is prompt.name=Name.

    but the dynamically created function looks like this

    function searchForm_required () {
    this.a0 = new Array("name", "null is required.", new Function
    ("varName", " return this[varName];"));

    where null must be the value "Name".

    So could you kindly let me have any links to resolve this problem? Any
    tips regarding this kindly welcome.

    Thanking you.

    , Dec 7, 2005

  2. parimal_3001

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Facing same problem ... please suggest

    Hi all,
    I m also facing same problem please tell if any one got the solution for this.
    Thanks in advance .....

    my email - parimal_3001 @ yahoo.com

    parimal_3001, Jan 13, 2009