Writing to the clipboard

tshad

This is really frustrating.

I can't seem to find a easy way to write a csv file from a web page to the
disk, which is what my client needs.

I am taking the data from a GridView and putting it to disk, which works
fine when running from VS. But not from a web page running from IIS.

I then tried to write the text to the clipboard but there doesn't seem to be
a simple way to this either???

All I can seem to find is some irritating javascript that I can't seem to
get to work either.

Isn't there a class like the Clipboard class for a Windows app???

I know this isn't a security problem as other web pages do this. This
should be dead bang easy.

If I can't write to a file, I need to get a way to get my text data to a
file on the disk, even if it means the user has to jump through hoops to get
it there (text to clipboard to notepad to file on disk).

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

I did get it to work finally with the button, but couldn't find a way to
call the Javascript from the code.

This requires the user to press a button to build the CSV data and put it in
a string then to the hidden field on the screen and then the user has to
push another button to get the data into the clipboard.

function ClipBoardTest() {
var txt = document.getElementById("<%= MyText.ClientID %>");
window.clipboardData.setData("Text", txt.value);
}

</script>

I would rather chane the code to call the javascript directly and pass the
string directly to the code instead having the user press a button.

Thanks,

Tom