    Any hints or info about this would be highly appreciated.

    Regards,
    Thomas

    Thomas W, Nov 8, 2005

  2. "Thomas W" <> wrote:

    > Well, is it possible to write Win32 shell extension in python? I want
    > to create a virtual folder ( like gmailfs ) to serve files from a
    > http-server ( and no, I cannot use webdav ) so that users can access
    > them like normal files in Windows Explorer.
    >
    > Any hints or info about this would be highly appreciated.

    typing your subject into a google search box brings up plenty of hits,
    including

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-March/271141.html

    From: Roger Upole
    Date: Tue Mar 15 12:39:43 CET 2005

    There's an example shell extension in the Pywin32 demos
    that creates a pseudo-folder whose contents are determined by
    python code. Take a look at
    \win32comext\shell\demos\servers\shell_view.py.
    However, I don't think it qualifies as 'simple' ;)

    (alright, that one was two clicks away from the search result, not one, but
    that's close enough)

    here's a direct pointer to an on-line copy of that script, btw:

    http://tinyurl.com/babct

    (that copy may be outdated; you may want to get the latest version from the
    pywin package before you start hacking on this)

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Nov 8, 2005