Writting A Psudo Filesystem

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by noridotjabi@gmail.com, May 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    As some of you may know I am working on a mini operating system. For
    it I need to write a filesystem that just apears to the current OS that
    is running my mini-OS as a large file. I think I have a pretty good
    idea of how to do this but I just figured I'd throw it out there incase
    anyone has any sugrestions. If you don't understand what I am saying
    I'll give an example.
    *n*x example

    ~/mos/fsystem.fs /* this is actually a large file that may or may not
    have a preformatted size ( I have not yet decided) but the program
    would read it as follows */

    /*in fsystem.fs */
    : /* psudo root type dir */
    :hm /* psudo home type dir */

    And so on and so on. So to sum it up the fsystem.fs file would be a
    large file that was read by the program as a file system. This is
    relivant because the program is written in standard C. Any
    suggestions/comments would be much apreciated. Also if you don't
    understand what I'm saying then ask questions. What I really need help
    with is the way to make the program think it is reading files specific
    files. I almost think that it may require a whole library to be
    written by me :-(. Anyways.
    Nori

    , May 13, 2006