WSAT could not load file or assembly

Guest

I am trying to use the web site administration tool to configure roles for my
site. Everything is on my local machine, and I am launching WSAT from Visual
Studio's Project menu. WSAT works fine until I click the Security tab. The
contents of that tab shows:

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Could not load
file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10606.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is
incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

If I remove the AjaxControlToolkit reference from my project, then WSAT just
complains about the next assembly. WSAT works if I create a new project.
Also, I have created a new ASP.NET Ajax project and used its web.config in my
existing project, but to no avail. By the way, the web site works itself
executes (and debugs) without any problem.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Ben Holtsclaw