wsdl (soap) without code generation

Thomas Guettler

Hi,

I looked for a solution to talk to a web service which
offers its signature with a wsdl file.

I googled for 'wsdl python' and found ZSI.

This project uses code generation. That's something
I don't like.

The book 'dive into python' uses SOAPpy. This looks
better since it does not generate source code.
But the last release and first release is from 2001.

ZSI seems to have integrated SOAPpy.

I am new to WSDL and SOAP. Do I need a WSDL parsing
routine at all? I guess my wsdl definition won't change
during the next years. So I could read the wsdl with
my eyes and make a fitting soap call...

Any thoughts?

João Neves

Hi,

I looked for a solution to talk to a web service which
offers its signature with a wsdl file.

I googled for 'wsdl python' and found ZSI.

This project uses code generation. That's something
I don't like.

The book 'dive into python' uses SOAPpy. This looks
better since it does not generate source code.
But the last release and first release is from 2001.

ZSI seems to have integrated SOAPpy.

I am new to WSDL and SOAP. Do I need a WSDL parsing
routine at all? I guess my wsdl definition won't change
during the next years. So I could read the wsdl with
my eyes and make a fitting soap call...

Any thoughts?

I've been using SOAPpy directly in one of my projects, and so far my
experience couldn't be better.
SOAPpy can handle (hand-written) WSDLs well enough for me, and so far
it has given me no problems at all.

Thomas Guettler

Thank you for your answers. I tried to parse the wsdl with two
libraries. (axis2 (java) and SOAPPy). Both fail because there
is no entry for 'service'.

The wsdl is from SAP XI.

Has someone hints?

Thomas