SOAPpy WSDL problem: namespace of schema and import match error

Discussion in 'Python' started by Christof Winter, Jul 28, 2008.

  1. I am trying to use a webservice with SOAPpy:

    import SOAPpy
    intact_wsdl = "http://www.ebi.ac.uk/intact/binary-search-ws/binarysearch?wsdl"
    intact_serv = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(intact_wsdl)

    The resulting error message is posted below. If I understand it right,
    XMLSchema.py complains about the imported XSD namespace being the same as the
    existing targetNamespace.

    Perl and Java have no problems with the WSDL document (see sample code at
    http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~intact/devsite/remote/binarysearch_ws.html)

    My question:
    - Is there a problem with the WSDL file being not valid?
    - Is there a problem with the Python SOAP/WSDL implementation?

    Any suggestions?

    Christof

    Christof Winter, Jul 28, 2008

  2. Christof Winter wrote, On 28.07.2008 12:32:
    > I am trying to use a webservice with SOAPpy:
    >
    > import SOAPpy
    > intact_wsdl = "http://www.ebi.ac.uk/intact/binary-search-ws/binarysearch?wsdl"
    > intact_serv = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(intact_wsdl)

    [...]

    > My question:
    > - Is there a problem with the WSDL file being not valid?

    I just figured out that this could indeed be true. The WSDL document contains an
    XML Schema import that probably should be an XML Schema include:

    "The import element is used to add multiple schemas with different target
    namespace to a document."
    http://www.w3schools.com/schema/el_import.asp

    "The include element is used to add multiple schemas with the same target
    namespace to a document."
    http://www.w3schools.com/schema/el_include.asp

    Maybe I should post this to comp.text.xml

    Christof

    Christof Winter, Jul 28, 2008