SOAPpy, WSDL and objects

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bob.Capa@gmail.com, Mar 7, 2006.

    I am trying to access a webservice which needs a login request of the
    following form:

    <login>
    <request>
    <firstname>FirstName</firstname>
    <lastname>LastName</lastname>
    </request>
    </login>

    I am trying to do this with the following code:

    from SOAPpy import WSDL
    server = WSDL.Proxy(m_url)
    request = {'firstname': FirstName,
    'lastname': LastName}
    server.login(request)

    But this will be sending the following:
    <login>
    <v1>
    <firstname>FirstName</firstname>
    <lastname>LastName</lastname>
    </v1>
    </login>

    Basically, I need to know how to change the code so it generates
    'request' instead of 'v1'.

    Have a nice evening!

    , Mar 7, 2006

  2. writes on 7 Mar 2006 08:14:47 -0800:
    > <login>
    > <request>
    > <firstname>FirstName</firstname>
    > <lastname>LastName</lastname>
    > </request>
    > </login>
    >
    > I am trying to do this with the following code:
    >
    > from SOAPpy import WSDL
    > server = WSDL.Proxy(m_url)
    > request = {'firstname': FirstName,
    > 'lastname': LastName}
    > server.login(request)

    Try: "server.login({'request':request})".

    Dieter

    Dieter Maurer, Mar 8, 2006