SOAPpy and WSDL and basic authentication

Discussion in 'Python' started by Vivek, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Vivek

    Vivek Guest

    Hi,

    Can anyone provide me with sample code that will allow me to use
    SOAPpy with a WSDL file using HTTP basic authentication? The only
    thing I've been able to find on the net is SOAPpy.URLopener. However,
    I am unclear what the relationship is between SOAPpy.URLopener and
    SOAPpy.WSDL is.

    Is it as straightforward as this?
    > from SOAPpy import WSDL
    > url = 'http://user:p/path/to/wsdl'
    > ssClient = WSDL.proxy(url)
    > ssClient.Test() # assuming Test is a SOAP-Action

    Or do I need to use SOAPpy.URLopener like so?
    > from SOAPpy import WSDL
    > from SOAPpy import URLopener
    > url = 'http://user:p/path/to/wsdl'
    > url1 = URLopener.URLopener(username='user',passwd='pass')
    > ssClient = WSDL.proxy(url1.open(url))
    > ssClient.Test() # assumption as above

    Or do I need to do something completely different?

    All help is much appreicated.

    Vivek
    Vivek, Aug 4, 2004