WshShell.Run & ASP - Return code is always 1

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by David Morgan, Aug 13, 2007.

  1. David Morgan

    David Morgan Guest

    Hello

    I have a problem somewhere and I cannot figure it out, whatever I do the
    return code I get from trying to run a VBS from an ASP page via the WSH
    Shell object, always returns 1.

    I don't think this is a problem with the vbs file permissions or the
    permissions on cscript.exe, both of which I have granted full control to for
    i_usr and i_wam whilst trying to work out what is going on. I have also
    forced authentication by disallowing anonymous access and logged in as
    Administrator to no avail.

    The WScript file contains one line, WScript.Quit.

    I am on W3K3/IIS6 and the only thing I can think of is that there is some
    policy setting or some other security option that is preventing scripts from
    being run.

    Does anyone have any pointers, I have been googling for ages but nothing.

    Thanks in advance

    David

    David Morgan, Aug 13, 2007

  2. "David Morgan" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a problem somewhere and I cannot figure it out, whatever I do the
    > return code I get from trying to run a VBS from an ASP page via the WSH
    > Shell object, always returns 1.
    >
    > I don't think this is a problem with the vbs file permissions or the
    > permissions on cscript.exe, both of which I have granted full control to
    > for i_usr and i_wam whilst trying to work out what is going on. I have
    > also forced authentication by disallowing anonymous access and logged in
    > as Administrator to no avail.
    >
    > The WScript file contains one line, WScript.Quit.
    >
    > I am on W3K3/IIS6 and the only thing I can think of is that there is some
    > policy setting or some other security option that is preventing scripts
    > from being run.
    >
    > Does anyone have any pointers, I have been googling for ages but nothing.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > David

    I have now used FileMon and have successfully eliminated two access denied
    messages that were being recorded on cscript.exe. One for i_usrmachinename
    and NETWORK SERVICE. Guess what... still doesn't work.

    I have also tried running IIS in IIS 5.0 isolation mode.

    Why is this so difficult. I had moved cscript as part of IIS lockdown.

    Bookham Measures, Aug 14, 2007

  3. David Morgan

    tfiska Guest

    Exit code 1 mean file not found.
    check that file exists and the user can access it.

    tfiska, Aug 17, 2007
  4. "tfiska" <> wrote in message

    > Exit code 1 mean file not found.
    > check that file exists and the user can access it.

    Doh, did you read any of the previous posts?

    Bookham Measures, Aug 21, 2007