wxAssertFailure (tbar95.cpp(582))

Discussion in 'Python' started by AnToine van Maarle, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    This message we get at some winXP machine's after installing the setup.exe
    of our compiled CRM program (for free license
    http://www.alexion.nl/pynx/registrationalexion.html). We use McMillan and
    Inno Setup 4.
    Why is xwPython making such a fuss?

    C:\Program Files\Alexion Software\Relation Manager\program>arm.exe
    Extracting binaries
    C:\Program Files\Alexion Software\Relation Manager\program\python23.dll
    Manipulating evironment
    PYTHONPATH=C:/Program Files/Alexion Software/Relation Manager/program
    importing modules from CArchive
    iu
    archive
    Installing import hooks
    out1.pyz
    Running scripts
    bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/fcntl:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is
    deprecated; please use fcntl
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 90, in ?
    File "bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/wxPython.wx", line 1957, in __init__
    File "<string>", line 66, in OnInit
    File "bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/pynx.gui.frame", line 97, in __init__
    File "bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/wxPython.stattool", line 227, in Realize
    wxPython.wxc.wxPyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in
    e:\Projects\wx2.4\src\msw\tbar95.cpp(582): invalid tool button bitmap
    RC: -1 from main
    OK.
    09:06:53: Debug: e:\Projects\wx2.4\src\msw\app.cpp(407):
    'UnregisterClass(MDI parent)' failed with error 0x00000584 (de klasse heeft
    nog geopende vensters.).

    AnToine van Maarle, Jun 4, 2004

  2. AnToine van Maarle

    David Bolen Guest

    "AnToine van Maarle" <> writes:

    > This message we get at some winXP machine's after installing the setup.exe
    > of our compiled CRM program (for free license
    > http://www.alexion.nl/pynx/registrationalexion.html). We use McMillan and
    > Inno Setup 4.
    > Why is xwPython making such a fuss?

    (...)
    > File "bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/wxPython.stattool", line 227, in Realize
    > wxPython.wxc.wxPyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in
    > e:\Projects\wx2.4\src\msw\tbar95.cpp(582): invalid tool button bitmap
    > RC: -1 from main

    It's hard to say just from this traceback, but is it possible that
    you're not properly packaging up your bitmap file along with the other
    parts of your system, and then your code is passing along an incorrect
    reference of some sort to wxPython? How does your code currently
    handle not finding the bitmap it expects for the toolbar?

    If you are sure that your bitmap is available at runtime properly, I'd
    probably recommend getting some print statements into your code right
    around where it uses the bitmap to ensure that you are in fact passing
    the right thing into the wxPython layer.

    -- David

    David Bolen, Jun 7, 2004