wxAssertFailure (tbar95.cpp(582))

AnToine van Maarle

Hi,

This message we get at some winXP machine's after installing the setup.exe
of our compiled CRM program (for free license
http://www.alexion.nl/pynx/registrationalexion.html). We use McMillan and
Inno Setup 4.
Why is xwPython making such a fuss?

C:\Program Files\Alexion Software\Relation Manager\program>arm.exe
Extracting binaries
C:\Program Files\Alexion Software\Relation Manager\program\python23.dll
Manipulating evironment
PYTHONPATH=C:/Program Files/Alexion Software/Relation Manager/program
importing modules from CArchive
iu
archive
Installing import hooks
out1.pyz
Running scripts
bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/fcntl:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is
deprecated; please use fcntl
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 90, in ?
File "bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/wxPython.wx", line 1957, in __init__
File "<string>", line 66, in OnInit
File "bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/pynx.gui.frame", line 97, in __init__
File "bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/wxPython.stattool", line 227, in Realize
wxPython.wxc.wxPyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in
e:\Projects\wx2.4\src\msw\tbar95.cpp(582): invalid tool button bitmap
RC: -1 from main
OK.
09:06:53: Debug: e:\Projects\wx2.4\src\msw\app.cpp(407):
'UnregisterClass(MDI parent)' failed with error 0x00000584 (de klasse heeft
nog geopende vensters.).

David Bolen

AnToine van Maarle said:
This message we get at some winXP machine's after installing the setup.exe
of our compiled CRM program (for free license
http://www.alexion.nl/pynx/registrationalexion.html). We use McMillan and
Inno Setup 4.
Why is xwPython making such a fuss? (...)
File "bin\buildstdapp\out1.pyz/wxPython.stattool", line 227, in Realize
wxPython.wxc.wxPyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in
e:\Projects\wx2.4\src\msw\tbar95.cpp(582): invalid tool button bitmap
RC: -1 from main

It's hard to say just from this traceback, but is it possible that
you're not properly packaging up your bitmap file along with the other
parts of your system, and then your code is passing along an incorrect
reference of some sort to wxPython? How does your code currently
handle not finding the bitmap it expects for the toolbar?

If you are sure that your bitmap is available at runtime properly, I'd
probably recommend getting some print statements into your code right
around where it uses the bitmap to ensure that you are in fact passing
the right thing into the wxPython layer.

-- David