WxListCtrl

LutherRevisited

Is there any way I can disable just the horizontal scroll bar for a listctrl?
When enough items have been added for it to scroll vertically a horizontal bar
also appears, even though you don't need it at all. I've played around with
sizing individual columns and haven't seemed to come up with anything
satisfactory.

Kartic

You might want to try using the SetColumnWidth method and give the
column width in pixels. The user (or you) can the read the entire
contents by dragging the column marker to the right (or you can give a
tooltip that displays the entire list control item when the moused
over)

self.lc.SetColumnWidth(0, 200) # Set the first list control column to
200 pixels.

If you want the column to "auto adjust" to the length of the column
header, no matter how long the row contents are, you cann use

self.lc.SetColumnWidth(0, wx.LIST_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER)

But when you drag out the column to read more the Horizontal Scroll bar
might appear. In my limited knowledge, I can not tell whether or not
there is anything you can do about it. I don't think there is a way to
just prevent the H. Scroll Bar from appearing at all.

Thanks,
--Kartic