    other than those included in the XChat-Ruby Plugin (
    http://xchat-ruby.sourceforge.net/ ). If anyone can help me with either
    I would be very grateful.

    Jason Jung, Dec 20, 2005

  2. Jason Jung

    Jamis Buck Guest

    On Dec 20, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Jason Jung wrote:

    > I have been looking all over for documentation on writing X-Chat
    > scripts
    > using Ruby, but I still can't find any. Nor can I find any scripts
    > other than those included in the XChat-Ruby Plugin (
    > http://xchat-ruby.sourceforge.net/ ). If anyone can help me with
    > either
    > I would be very grateful.

    Note that XChat-Ruby has not been updated in ages, and may not even
    work with Ruby > 1.8.0. It was one of my first forays into writing C
    bindings for Ruby, and as such is full of things I'd never dare do
    now. Since I am no longer using XChat, though, I'm unlikely to
    revisit those bindings.

    - Jamis

    Jamis Buck, Dec 20, 2005

  3. Jason Jung

    Neil Stevens Guest

    Jamis Buck wrote:
    > On Dec 20, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Jason Jung wrote:
    >
    >> I have been looking all over for documentation on writing X-Chat scripts
    >> using Ruby, but I still can't find any. Nor can I find any scripts
    >> other than those included in the XChat-Ruby Plugin (
    >> http://xchat-ruby.sourceforge.net/ ). If anyone can help me with either
    >> I would be very grateful.

    > Note that XChat-Ruby has not been updated in ages, and may not even
    > work with Ruby > 1.8.0. It was one of my first forays into writing C
    > bindings for Ruby, and as such is full of things I'd never dare do now.
    > Since I am no longer using XChat, though, I'm unlikely to revisit those
    > bindings.

    It works fine here. I use it, using a combination of the included
    sample scripts, the sources, and other x-chat plugins as documentation.

    --
    Neil Stevens -

    'A republic, if you can keep it.' -- Benjamin Franklin

    Neil Stevens, Dec 20, 2005