Xerces XML Parser Segmentation fault with Java

Pud

Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am trying to create an
example program that uses the xerces XML parser in Java. Unfortunately
I have come across a problem when using this parser. I have managed to
track down the problem to the following:

import org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser;

public class testDOMParser
{
public static void main(String args[]){
testDOMParser j =new testDOMParser();
}

public testDOMParser(){
DOMParser j = new DOMParser();

which when run on SOME linux machines causes a SEGMENTATION FAULT.
Anyone any ideas? ( I have tried ulimit -s 2048 which I found as a
suggestion in some old posts and this does not seem to have any
effect).

I've tried this on several machines, all of which have the following
(from /proc/version):
Linux version 2.4.21-grsec (gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux
3.2.2-5))
all are using java 1.4.2_02 (from java.sun.com)

Two machines (one a dual processor) give a segmentation fault, but
several others all work.

Yet it seems to work fine on all machines when using j2sdk1.4.1_05. I
want to use j2sdk1.4.2_02 so that I can take advantages of the AES
that has been integrated into it.

Does anyone have any ideas what other differences I should look for to
determine why some machines work and some don't? Does anyone else have
this problem - is it perhaps a bug in java, xerces or redhat?

Any help or suggestions appreciated. I'm stuck!