Xerces XML Parser Segmentation fault with Java

Discussion in 'XML' started by Pud, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Pud

    Pud Guest

    Hiya,

    I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am trying to create an
    example program that uses the xerces XML parser in Java. Unfortunately
    I have come across a problem when using this parser. I have managed to
    track down the problem to the following:

    import org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser;

    public class testDOMParser
    {
    public static void main(String args[]){
    testDOMParser j =new testDOMParser();
    }

    public testDOMParser(){
    DOMParser j = new DOMParser();

    which when run on SOME linux machines causes a SEGMENTATION FAULT.
    Anyone any ideas? ( I have tried ulimit -s 2048 which I found as a
    suggestion in some old posts and this does not seem to have any
    effect).

    I've tried this on several machines, all of which have the following
    (from /proc/version):
    Linux version 2.4.21-grsec (gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux
    3.2.2-5))
    all are using java 1.4.2_02 (from java.sun.com)

    Two machines (one a dual processor) give a segmentation fault, but
    several others all work.

    Yet it seems to work fine on all machines when using j2sdk1.4.1_05. I
    want to use j2sdk1.4.2_02 so that I can take advantages of the AES
    that has been integrated into it.

    Does anyone have any ideas what other differences I should look for to
    determine why some machines work and some don't? Does anyone else have
    this problem - is it perhaps a bug in java, xerces or redhat?

    Any help or suggestions appreciated. I'm stuck!

    Pud, Nov 6, 2003