    Would I be looking to do floating divs within floating divs? That just
    seems as ugly as the old table approach.

    Thanks

    Logical, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Logical

    rf Guest

    Logical wrote:

    > How would you go about making four columns to place content in (in this
    > case form elements like a multiple select) using CSS/XHTML?

    I wouldn't. However, if I were to use CSS/HTML:

    Four select elements floated left and embelished to taste.

    > I would normally do this with a single row table that has four columns.
    >
    > Would I be looking to do floating divs within floating divs? That just
    > seems as ugly as the old table approach.

    No "within divs" required. Div soup is as bad as table soup.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Logical

    Toby Inkster Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Four select elements floated left and embelished to taste.

    And I'm pretty sure Richard is referring to the following definition of
    "select":

    select
    adj 1: of superior grade; "choice wines"; "prime beef"; "prize
    carnations"; "quality paper"; "select peaches" [syn: {choice},
    {prime(a)}, {prize}, {quality}]
    2: selected or chosen for special qualifications; "the
    blue-ribbon event of the season" [syn: {blue-ribbon(a)}]

    He doesn't mean

    <select style="float:left">...</select>
    <select style="float:left">...</select>
    <select style="float:left">...</select>