    Is it possible to prevent caching of images on a website when one uses xhtml strict?

    cheers,

    Mark

    sionvalais, Sep 14, 2003

  2. On Sun, Sep 14, sionvalais inscribed on the eternal scroll:

    > Is it possible to prevent caching of images on a website

    Yes...

    > when one uses xhtml strict?

    I'm not sure why you think the markup language plays any role.
    Images don't have "meta tags".

    http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/ may be informative.

    I suspect an "XY" problem: for what purpose have you decided that you
    want to wreck this normally useful feature of the web?

    Alan J. Flavell, Sep 14, 2003