    synthesis that includes an acknowlegment signal ACK ???

    Thanks in advance.

    Marc
    Marc Jeambrun, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Marc Jeambrun

    Mark Norton Guest

    Marc Jeambrun wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know if there exists a Xilinx block memory IP core for FPGA
    > synthesis that includes an acknowlegment signal ACK ???
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Marc

    Just fired up coregen. The block memory FIFO has write acknowledge.
    The single port block RAM has an option for "handshaking signals". I
    haven't looked up the datasheet for the SPBRAM but it sounds like what
    you are looking for.

    Best regards,
    Mark

    --
    ==============================
    Mark Norton <>
    Mark Norton, Aug 4, 2006

  3. Thanks Mark for the write-ACK signal concerning the FIFO block memory.

    In fact, I've already checked out "handshaking signals" on Xilinx single
    port memories and it seems quite insufficient for acknowledging a read
    or write access. For instance, according to the official support, "Ready
    for DATA (RFD) is always true, except when EN is inactive" !!!!

    I'm on my way to find out an alternative to this lack in the Xilinx model.

    Marc

    Marc Jeambrun, Aug 4, 2006
  4. Marc Jeambrun

    Eric Smith Guest

    Marc Jeambrun <> writes:
    > Thanks Mark for the write-ACK signal concerning the FIFO block memory.
    >
    > In fact, I've already checked out "handshaking signals" on Xilinx
    > single port memories and it seems quite insufficient for acknowledging
    > a read or write access. For instance, according to the official
    > support, "Ready for DATA (RFD) is always true, except when EN is
    > inactive" !!!!
    >
    > I'm on my way to find out an alternative to this lack in the Xilinx model.

    It's a single-cycle synchronous RAM. Every cycle that it is enabled,
    it performs a read or write, and completes it that cycle. So the behavior
    they spec for RFD is the only behavior that makes much sense.

    If you want to pretend that the RAM is slower than single-clock, you could
    add a register to delay the ACK by a cycle.
    Eric Smith, Aug 14, 2006