    Robert Jones Guest

    Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
    and implements xlink and xpointer?
    Robert Jones, Dec 2, 2007

  2. * Robert Jones wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
    >and implements xlink and xpointer?

    What would that mean, exactly? The common web browsers have very little
    to no support for either, and support for XLink on the parser level is
    not very meaningful. There are some toolkits that support parts of the
    XPointer drafts and specifications, but nothing complete that I know of.
    Bjoern Hoehrmann, Dec 2, 2007

  3. Robert Jones

    Robert Jones Guest

    Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

    > * Robert Jones wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >>Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
    >>and implements xlink and xpointer?

    > What would that mean, exactly? The common web browsers have very little
    > to no support for either, and support for XLink on the parser level is
    > not very meaningful. There are some toolkits that support parts of the
    > XPointer drafts and specifications, but nothing complete that I know of.

    What I meant is is there any way for me to make full use of xlink and
    xpointer without having to try and write a plugin or extension to existing
    browsers to do so.
    Robert Jones, Dec 2, 2007
  4. Robert Jones wrote:
    > Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
    > and implements xlink and xpointer?

    Possible workaround: You can implement those, more or less, in an XSLT
    stylesheet; XSLT suppor tin browsers is slowly becoming more common....

    Or, if you're working directly with a parser, it isn't hard to implement
    these yourself in the application code.

    Joe Kesselman, Dec 2, 2007