XML Applications in Apache

Discussion in 'XML' started by Nick Kew, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    I'm preparing a presentation for XTech in May on the subject of
    Apache (httpd 2.x) as a platform for XML applications on the Web.
    Of course it will deal primarily with the work I'm responsible for
    or involved in myself, but I'd like also to include a reasonable
    overview of other projects. Particularly those that have produced
    re-usable general-purpose modules for working with XML.

    I'm sure there are interesting projects out there that I've never
    heard of. If you're aware of any that might be of interest to me
    and an xtech audience, I'd like to know (you can assume I already
    know about anything that's listed at the Apache Module Register).
    To be considered for inclusion, your project will need a public
    webpage that tells me and my audience enough at least to know what
    you're doing!

    Projects of interest will mostly be those written in C using the
    Apache API and APR, but may also include modules written in
    other languages (such as Perl with mod_perl), provided they
    are also re-usable with applications working *outside* the
    scripting environment.

    Anything of sufficient interest will be included or referenced
    in the paper, and published both in the Xtech proceedings and at
    apache.webthing.com. Email replies welcome[1], and if you reply
    on-newsgroup, please include a working email address in case I
    need to ask anything that would lead us way offtopic if posted!

    [1] asgard is not in my public DNS records. If that doesn't tell
    you enough to mail me, there are contact details on the website.

    --
    Nick Kew

    Nick Kew, Mar 28, 2005