    I can't convert the site to a Web Application.

    Thansk
    Eric

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=, Jun 28, 2007

  2. Hi Eric,

    Which files you want to generate xml documentation for? only the source
    files in App_Code or you also need to generate xml documentation for those
    code behind files of webform?

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jun 29, 2007

  3. Hi Walter,

    THe best woulb be for both, app_code and codebehind.

    Thanks
    Eric

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=, Jun 29, 2007
  4. Hi Eric,

    I've been doing research on your question. At first, I've tried to use
    <system.codedom> configuration setting in web.config to change the compiler
    switch to use "/doc", unfortunately due to how web site is designed
    (compiles each web form into a single assembly), we could only get one web
    form's generated xml documentation file (since you can only specifiy a file
    name, and different xml files are overwritten each other).

    Anand Raman from our product group also described this limitation in
    following thread:

    #SandCastle Getting Started Help - MSDN Forums
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1174747&SiteID=1

    The only solution would be to use Web Application Project. Could you please
    tell me the reason why you think it's not possible to use it?

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 2, 2007
  5. Hi Eric,

    Does the info in Walter's last reply helps you a little? If there is
    anything else we can help, please feel free to post here.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 5, 2007
  6. Yes, thanks for answering.

    I hoped there would be a better, easier solution, but I can live with it.

    Eric

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=, Jul 5, 2007