    I would appreciate any help on this, if someone has experience with this
    issue.

    Thnx, in advance.
    Nutshell, Jul 29, 2003

  2. * Nutshell wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >I am using Xerces 2.2.0 for C++ as XML parser and I have problems when
    >transcoding central european signs to unicode, that is I get strange signs
    >in the XML output file and not the ones I want there to be.

    Strange signs?
    Bjoern Hoehrmann, Jul 29, 2003

  3. "Nutshell" <> wrote:

    > I am using Xerces 2.2.0 for C++ as XML parser and I have problems when
    > transcoding central european signs to unicode, that is I get strange signs
    > in the XML output file and not the ones I want there to be.
    > To transcode chars to unicode I use
    > XMLString::transcode(someData).unicodeForm().

    Perhaps you have some confusion on the input between ISO-8859-2 and
    cp1250. Give examples!

    BTW:
    Your newsreader isn't set-up correctly to send special, non-ASCII
    characters. Please choose

    Tools > Options > Send
    Mail Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
    News Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
    Encode text using: None

    --
    Top posting.
    What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?
    Andreas Prilop, Jul 29, 2003