XML FAQ 4.3

Discussion in 'XML' started by Peter Flynn, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. Peter Flynn

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Version 4.3 of the XML FAQ (September 2005) is now available at:

    http://xml.silmaril.ie/

    The printable (PDF, PS) versions will be updated later.

    Updates this quarter:

    What is XML *for*?
    More on the Prolog
    Minor corrections to details of parsing and validation
    More examples of use of CDATA
    Added details of reserved words to section on special characters
    New section on conditional XML
    New section on Infrequently Asked Questions (glossary of oddments
    that occasionally get asked about)

    Upcoming next quarter:

    XML Pipelines (deferred)

    Please report all errors and problems to me by email to the address
    . By all means also post queries to the newsgroups
    and mailing lists, but please copy them to me also if you want them to
    be actioned.

    If you are responsible for other lists, groups, or sites which link
    to the old address (http://www.ucc.ie/xml/) I would be grateful if
    you would update them. The old (uppercase) fragment identifiers are
    still in place for backward compatibility, but if you link to the FAQ,
    please use the new page structure.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Sep 8, 2005