xml parser cross-plattform

Philipp Kraus

Hello,

I must parse XML documents. The documents are small 5 nodes at maximum,
but I must parse around 100.000 documents. Which XML parsers can I use
for that? I would like to use only C++ code, not C and I need XPath.
The parser must be compiled on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX (10.5 or
newer). Which "small" library can I use for this problem? I would like
to write the code once and compile it on every OS with the XML library.

Thanks

Phil

Sjouke Burry

Philipp said:
Hello,

I must parse XML documents. The documents are small 5 nodes at maximum,
but I must parse around 100.000 documents. Which XML parsers can I use
for that? I would like to use only C++ code, not C and I need XPath.
The parser must be compiled on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX (10.5 or
newer). Which "small" library can I use for this problem? I would like
to write the code once and compile it on every OS with the XML library.

Thanks

Phil
Could we have your job as well?
As long as we do all the work.....

Öö Tiib

My question is: Which library can I use for the problem? Under Unix I
can use libxml2, but on MS I know only MS XML (COM object). I've foundhttp://rapidxml.sourceforge.net/but on this lib I can't use XPath. At
next I've foundhttp://vtd-xml.sourceforge.net/but it seems its a C
interface, but I wouldn't write a wrapper class for using.

I think you don't do the work, because my question is / was which
libraries exist for cross-plattform XML (with XPath) developing.

The Xpath is a query language to handle xml in javascript AFAIK. What
it has to do with C++?

AnonMail2005

My question is: Which library can I use for the problem? Under Unix I
can use libxml2, but on MS I know only MS XML (COM object). I've foundhttp://rapidxml.sourceforge.net/but on this lib I can't use XPath. At
next I've foundhttp://vtd-xml.sourceforge.net/but it seems its a C
interface, but I wouldn't write a wrapper class for using.

I think you don't do the work, because my question is / was which
libraries exist for cross-plattform XML (with XPath) developing.

Phil

libxml2 is available on Windows. I've used it with homegrown C++
wrappers. On the Downloads page it looks like it's avaiable for the
MAC.

I've never used it, but check out TinyXML.

HTH

Jorgen Grahn

.
I think you don't do the work, because my question is / was which
libraries exist for cross-plattform XML (with XPath) developing.

"Sjouke Burry" must have been trolling; there was nothing wrong with
your question.

I have no real experience, but one suggestion: don't knock C
libraries; they may be painless to use from C++. Expat is one
popular library.

/Jorgen

infrared99

Hello,

I must parse XML documents. The documents are small 5 nodes at maximum,
but I must parse around 100.000 documents. Which XML parsers can I use
for that? I would like to use only C++ code, not C and I need XPath.
The parser must be compiled on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX (10.5 or
newer). Which "small" library can I use for this problem? I would like
to write the code once and compile it on every OS with the XML library.

Thanks

Phil

RapidXML meets these requirements.
http://rapidxml.sourceforge.net/index.htm