XML processing

Doru-Catalin Togea

Hi!

I need to do some XML programming, and I have installed the PyXML package.
However I read some stuff on the web that using the modules in PyXML is
slow and not elegant and it uses up lots of memory, and I don't know what
else.

Is the current implementation of PyXML legging behind in comparison to
similar tools in available for other languages?

Thanks,
Catalin

--

<<<< ================================== >>>>
<< We are what we repeatedly do. >>

NavyJay

I haven't used PyXML extensively, but I have used parts of the Amara
XML Toolkit (http://uche.ogbuji.net/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4suite/amara/)
and recommend it for elegance. I can't say, however, which tool is
faster. There are many other XML modules that people have written for
Python. Do your research and pick the best one for you.

On a side note, XML has historically been a poor solution for most of
the cases I've seen it used. You should seriously rethink whether you
"need to do some XML programming" and consider simpler options. In
most simple cases, a primitive text parser with a delimited format is
your best bet. You would know best, but this is my 2 cents.