xml-rpc server on wine

pacopyc

Hi, I have a XML-RPC server python running on VM Windows (on Linux)
and a XML-RPC client python on Linux. Server and client have different
IP address. I'd like migrate server on wine. How can communicate
server and client? IP address is different or is the same?
Can you help me?

Thanks

Adam Tauno Williams

Hi, I have a XML-RPC server python running on VM Windows (on Linux)
and a XML-RPC client python on Linux. Server and client have different
IP address. I'd like migrate server on wine. How can communicate
server and client? IP address is different or is the same?
Can you help me?

Not really, this doesn't have much of anything to do with Python. If
you run a network application on wine [assuming that even works] the
application will have the same IP/interface as any other application or
service running on the host. Wine is not a 'virtualization' solution.

Prasad, Ramit

Hi, I have a XML-RPC server python running on VM Windows (on Linux)
and a XML-RPC client python on Linux. Server and client have different
IP address. I'd like migrate server on wine. How can communicate
server and client? IP address is different or is the same?
Can you help me?
Not really, this doesn't have much of anything to do with Python. If
you run a network application on wine[assuming that even works] the
application will have the same IP/interface as any other application or
service running on the host. Wine is not a 'virtualization' solution.

Unless you have a specific need to run it in a virtual machine (which
WINE is not), why not run it directly from Linux? I generally prefer
to use a DNS name or hostname to connect instead of IP because the
IP addresses can be dynamic (especially when you start accessing it
from outside your local network). Even internally, I tend to use hostnames
and not IP addresses, but mostly because it is faster/easier for me
to type (I assign static IPs internally).

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423

--
Thisemail is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and