XML RPC to ONC XDR RPC

Pere Montolio

Hi,

I've an old ONC XDR RPC server. I want to write clients in XML RPC.
Thus, it is my intention to write a XML RPC <-> XDR RPC converter
(open source, to share it in some public repository).
In other words, my program will be a XML RPC server and XDR RPC
client. Queries received in XML RPC server side will be forwaded and
sent as request in XDR RPC side.

My first problem is with XDR pointers. XDR RPC allows transfer
pointers to data (pointer to integer, pointer to struct of xxx, ...).
These pointers can point to some other transferred data, or be NULL. I
do not know how to map this in XML RPC syntax (I do not see a basic
nor constructed type for pointer/reference).

Any advice about this subject, or about the project in general will be
welcome.

Thanks.