XML Schema Definition Question (simpleType)

Discussion in 'XML' started by beyonddc.storage@gmail.com, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Below is my current schema

    <xs:simpleType name="LongType">
    <xs:restriction base="xs:long">
    </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleType>

    <xs:simpleType name="MaxLong">
    <xs:restriction base="LongType">
    <xs:minInclusive value="1"/>
    <xs:maxInclusive value="1000"/>
    </xs:simpleType>

    <xs:simpleType name="MinLong">
    <xs:restriction base="LongType">
    <xs:minInclusive value="1"/>
    <xs:maxInclusive value="MaxLong"/>
    </xs:simpleType>

    I want my MinLong maxInclusive to be smaller than the number of the
    MaxLong.
    Is there a way I can do it? Incurrently I get an error when I try to
    validate my schema.

    Error message stated:
    FacetValueFromBase: Value 'Max_Outstanding_Reads_Type' of facet
    'maxInclusive' must be from the value space of the base type.

    Any suggestion to overcome or solve this problem?

    Thank you!

    , Nov 18, 2005